Hurray it’s Friday! I still get excited about Friday’s even though my weekends don’t really start until Saturday evenings when my husband gets home from work.
Let’s link up with Lauren and the many others celebrating Friday and all they’ve been thankful for this last week.
1. I love the summer walks to the mailbox. The top picture is Eva from this last week and the bottom picture is of Soren from last summer.
2. The kids new pool was more expensive than our “new” hot tub. Pool: $20 Hot Tub: Free! It’s a beauty, I know, don’t be too jealous people. The best part is that I know a guy who works in the hot tub industry.He’ll get it up and running and spic ‘n span in no time.
3. Baking. I rarely bake anything anymore from scratch. But I am finding that when I do get that rare moment of a quiet and still house all I want to do is bake. It soothes my soul. I made this yummy Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake for my friends birthday, and I made one for us too.
4. Nights on the Sound! Could there be anything better? We took the boats out with some friends and headed to Cutts Island for pizza. We had so much fun! Last time I was on Cutts Island is when Sam proposed!! I so wish I had pictures from that day.
5. I finally decided to go with a dining set instead of lounge chairs for our deck. This is the BEST time to buy patio furniture. Everything is on sale, like 50% off or more on sale. I got this bench to throw all of the kids outdoor toys in.